Monday, May 17, 2010

SPONTANEOUS DANCING.

I WISH PEOPLE DANCED SPONTANEOUSLY. 
ALL THE TIME.
EVERYWHERE.
I imagine myself dancing everywhere. I listen to music stuck in my head and I dream of swingin’ to beats while standing on a bus or walking down the harbor or sometimes alone in my house or as I make my way through a park. And then I imagine every one around me dancing too. I laugh out loud to myself considering the 70 something man next to me twisting his hips, but then I think at 70 I will want to twist my hips, so it’s not so unrealistic because he probably wants to twist his hips too. And, I imagine the most serious woman I can day dream of in my head dancing to hip hop as she makes her way through a crowded street and I laugh out loud again, because maybe that’s all serious people want anyway.


(Thanks to Rachel Levin for this photograph).

2 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud myself. I also pray to be twisting my hips at 70.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would join and dance with you. one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete